Preparing students who are ready to contribute
Companies look to Ohio State to find the best and brightest talent. Why?
Ohio State empowers students to find opportunities to build skills that will serve them for life. An Ohio State survey of 2017-18 graduates points to the importance of internships and related experiences in early career success for young Ohio State alumni:
- More than 70 percent of students report participating in an internship, job shadow or other experience related to their academic major.
- More than a third of those Buckeyes accepted a post-graduation job offer with the organization where they worked or interned.
The Ohio State experience empowers Buckeyes to embrace success. Among the many opportunities to take advantage of Ohio State's experiences:
- A focus on relationships. On campus, many Ohio State students live in learning communities, where they make meaningful connections with peers and faculty members. These communities offer a first step in building the confidence and skills that will help them thrive in their careers. A survey of these students found they're more likely to seek out a variety of learning experiences at Ohio State and plan for life after graduation.
- A vibrant city. Columbus means opportunity. As the 14th largest city in the nation, our city has a healthy economy that provides opportunities for professional growth, from internships and co-ops to full-time careers.
- Thriving programs to support students' career journeys. Buckeye Careers programs guide students through the career path, from finding a major to landing the right internship to starting a career.
- An open and welcoming network. Graduates leave Ohio State with family around the globe — a world-wide community of 550,000 people ready to connect.
Our team works with centralized and college-based career services offices throughout the university. We’re here to help you develop your talent recruitment plan and connect with the right talent from around the university to develop your workforce.
Our Partners And Resources
Buckeye Careers, a department within the Office of Student Life, is a centralized career services resource addressing the needs of employers who seek to recruit broadly across The Ohio State University. Their team is available to assist employers in connecting with students, college career services offices, and other targeted resources across campus.
Handshake is the university’s comprehensive, web-based career services management platform for sourcing, engaging and hiring talent for internship, co-op and job opportunities. By utilizing Handshake, employers can engage with students by posting potions, participating in career fairs and more.
Join us for the 2021 Research and Innovation Showcase this Thursday - April 15
April 12, 2021
This Thursday! Join us for our annual celebration of the impacts of research and creative inquiry at Ohio State and beyond. The Research and Innovation Showcase w...
Two more Ohio State startups acquired
April 7, 2021
Two more startups spun out of Ohio State technology have been acquired - Innovate IP and TransChart.