Funding to advance promising technologies
University technologies are usually early-stage and require significant additional development and investment prior to generating revenue. Access to capital plays a major role in the success of maturing these technologies. Ohio State has developed a full funding continuum to support inventors in the development of concepts from early stage to end product or company. This funding continuum supports our researchers and entrepreneurs through the commercialization process and reduces risk for those interested in investing in or licensing these technologies.
- Lead Applicant: Ohio State inventors and creators
- Fund Manager: independent selection committee
- Eligibility: technology is based on an invention disclosure filed with the Ohio State technology commercialization and has the potential for becoming the basis of a startup company
- Funding: up to $150,000
- Type of Security: grant
- Learn more about the Accelerator Awards.
- Lead Applicant: Company
- Fund Manager: 12 Federal agencies, including NIH, NSF, DOD, DOE
- Eligibility: U.S. owned and operated for-profit company with less than 500 employees
- Funding: Phase I $150,000-$225,000 over 6-12 months; Phase II up to $1 million over 2 years
- Type of Security: Grant or contract
Staff Assistant, Technology Commercialization
Drug Repurposing Discussion
October 4, 2019
Intellectual property experts will present and overview details on how you can utilize drug repurposing in your work.
Accelerator Awards application period now open
September 17, 2019